Friday 11 November 2016

Introduction



Hello,
This is my AS Media Studies Blog where I am going to attach my coursework around the subject of a new music magazine. The work that will be included in my blog will be split into 3 sections:
-Research and planning
-Construction of the magazine
-Evaluation
The mark will be out of 100. Before we start the main media coursework, there will be a prelimary task which include using DTP (Desktop Publishing) and Photoshop to create a front cover of a school magazine featuring a medium close-up image, appropriate text and masthead. I will also produce a DTP mock-up of the contents page and the general grasp of the programme which will include at least 8 photos. Leading up to the main task of creating a music magazine that it suitable for a certain age range.




For my Research within the task, I will be analyzing textual and the layout aspects of 3 covers, 3 contents pages and 3 double page spreads. To gain more research for my target audience I will carry out market surveys of what music magazines are published in the UK and who publishes the (which ones the most popular). As evidence I will take pictures of how many/what music magazines are published. This will be primary research that will include questionnaires, surveys and interviews; initially I will have enough information to create a reader profile with statistics on readers tastes.


Within the planning section, it will be the organization of actors/models, locations/sets, props, lighting and setting. I will pitch a document outlining magazine, the leadership, style and contents, as well as flat plans and style sheets of the pages and draft copy of my article/magazine. In addition to this, I will also use effective presentation of material and have an effective time use.





No comments:

Post a Comment